2 pounds of asparagus
1 medium onion, diced
1 Tbsp butter
½ head of cauliflower, chopped
3 cloves of garlic
¼ cup cream
4 cups of chicken stock (Pacific)
1 bay leaf
salt & pepper
- 1. Trim and cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
2. Melt the butter in a dutch oven or pot on medium heat then add the onion. Sautee for 7-8 minutes until translucent.
3. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
4. Add the chopped asparagus and some salt & pepper and cook for 5 minutes, until asparagus is slightly tender.
5. Pour in the chicken stock and add cauliflower and bay leaf. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes until all the veggies are soft.
6. Stir in cream and cook for 2 more minutes.
7. Using a hand mixer or food processor, pulse until smooth and creamy.
To make this recipe vegan replace butter with EVOO and omit the cream!