[ Pancakes ]
King Arthur gluten free pancake mix, follow their instructions for mix
[ Cinnamon Filling ]
1 cup butter, melted
1 ½ cup brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
[ Cream Cheese Glaze ]
1/2 cup butter
4oz cream cheese (Philadelphia)
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Make the pancake mix using the directions on the box and set aside.
2. Mix the three ingredients for the cinnamon filling in a separate bowl.
3. After mixed, place filling in a disposable piping bag or just use a plastic Ziploc, let’s not get too fancy.
4. Cut the tip of the Ziploc off when ready to use.
5. Heat the griddle to a medium-low because you don’t want the pancakes cooking too quickly.
6. Make a few pancakes on the greased griddle then using the piping bag to create a cinnamon swirl. (Only put the cinnamon swirl on one side)
7. Wait until the pancakes bubble before flipping, if the griddle is too hot the cinnamon will burn when you flip.
8. While the pancakes are cooking, in a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and cream cheese together for the glaze.
9. When melted whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla. (If you find the glaze to not have a good consistency you can add a little milk) I know this seems a little overwhelming but the taste will be worth it in the end!
10. Stack pancakes and pour glaze over it! (When the cinnamon swirl melts it form craters in the pancake which the cream cheese glaze fills in perfectly)
Enjoy, this recipe is incredible!
To buy the gluten free flour for this recipe click here!